Blue Marine Foundation partnered with the Worshipful Company of Fishmongers to host a seminar for UK fishermen to discuss the likely implications for fishing of the UK’s withdrawal from the European Union.
A full report from the seminar is available here.
To watch a short film from the day, please click here.
The day’s programme (with links to videos) included:
- Keynote by Charles Grant (Centre for European Reform), who gave a political update on the Brexit negotiations.
Q&A moderated by Charles Clover (Blue Marine Foundation)
- Keynote by Sam Lowe (Centre for European Reform), who spoke on trade policy and how UK fishermen and seafood industry may be impacted by non-tariff barriers.
Q&A moderated by Charles Clover
- Maddy Thimont Jack (Institute for Government), who spoke on devolution and Brexit.
- Keynote by Andrew Oliver (Andrew Jackson Solicitors, Hull), who spoke on implementing fisheries laws in the UK after Brexit
Q&A with Maddy Thimont Jack and Andrew Oliver moderated by Charles Clover
- Andrew Kuyk (Provision Trade Federation), who spoke about non-tariff barriers to trade after Brexit.
- Keynote by Richard Barnes (University of Hull), who spoke about the likely legal complications around leaving the CFP
Q&A with Andrew Kuyk and Richard Barnes moderated by Charles Clover