Blue Marine Foundation (BLUE) has found that the more people learn about the ocean, the more they become passionate about protecting it. Through our education programmes, we equip the younger generation with knowledge and skills to tackle challenges facing our ocean, while empowering communities to protect their marine environment.
BLUE has designed numerous educational activities that draw from the An Ocean Adventure makerzine and our project sites. We have designed these materials for various age groups and cover topics such as ecology, maths, art, geography and science.
BLUE has partnered with Planetari and the St Helena National Trust to create a marine conservation game, which you can download for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch: Download Secrets of St Helena
BLUE Digital Downloads:
- Click here to download a fun ‘Fishy Fact’ sheet and here to download ‘Grumpy Grandpa Grouper’s’ quiz that can be taken with it. Click here for the quiz answer sheet.
- Click here to download our ‘Get Drastic with Plastic’ work sheet, encouraging your children to investigate what plastic is being used around your home.
- Click here to download our ‘Take Action: Dear Minister’ activity sheet aimed to encourage your children to write a letter to someone in power to tell them to protect our ocean.
- Click here to download BLUE’s Geography challenge – can you name some of the unique places that we work and all the oceans in the world?
- Want to get creative? Create a piece of artwork that tells us why we need to protect our oceans or draw your favourite marine animal. Need some inspiration? Check out our Pinterest board here! We’d love to see you artwork – tag us in your posts on social media or send a photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or feedback, please email sophie@bluemarinefoundation or share your children’s work with BLUE on social media. We’d love to hear from you!