‘It is through strong institutional partnerships, such as the one between my Foundation and the Blue Marine Foundation that we can fight against climate change and manage our natural resources responsibly.’
H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco, BMYC Founding Patron
Launched in 2012 by His Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco, the Blue Marine Yacht Club was formed to unite the world’s yachting community in a clear mission to protect our oceans.
The BMYC brings a modern approach to environmental protection. Whether a yacht owner or company, the BMYC provides a platform in which members can express their concern for the ocean and desire to protect its future. By joining, by providing their money, their support and their expertise, they are part of a project that is bringing about real change in the way our oceans are cared for. They are providing a legacy for the world that their children and grandchildren will look back on with pride.
All revenues raised from membership go directly to support BLUE’s work around the world and its mission of protecting at least 10% of the world’s ocean by 2020.
‘BLUE makes a real and vitally important difference to the health of the ocean and the life beneath the waves. It gives me great pleasure to renew my membership of the BMYC, assured that my donations will be used to protect the awesome beauty and well being of the marine world.’
Sir Charles Dunstone, Chairman and Co-Founder of Carphone Warehouse, 1 star BMYC Member
Members play an active role in ensuring that our seas remain a resource to be enjoyed by future generations. It is only through acting together that we can really make a difference.
Membership comes in three tiers which indicate the level of commitment to BMYC and the ocean environment.
Since its launch, the BMYC has attracted influential members from the yachting industry including: Ernesto and Kirsty Bertarelli, Sir Charles Dunstone, Pears Foundation, Peter Lürssen, Winch Design, Feadship, Peter Dubens, Princess Zahra Aga Khan, Matthew Freud, and Simon Le Bon amongst others.
Joining the BMYC is an elite statement of intent by a group of people who have a unique ability to influence the way the ocean is treated for years to come.
‘We feel that anyone who looks to the ocean as a source of recreation owes it to themselves to get involved. Every member of the BMYC will be making a contribution.’
Kirsty Bertarelli, 3 star BMYC member
Benefits & Privileges
- A personalised BLUE welcome pack including a copy of the award winning film, The End of the Line and details of BLUE’s projects around the world.
- The BMYC burgee exclusively designed by Ralph Lauren to fly on your yacht. Only members of the BMYC have the right to fly the burgee and acts as a symbol of your commitment to ocean protection.
- Invitations to the BMYC’s bi-annual members’ dinners held in special venues in Monaco and London.
- Invitations to BLUE’s annual events including symposiums to hear from world leading experts on what is being done, and why, to protect the marine environment.
- Invitation to BLUE’s annual corporate partners’ dinner at a special venue in central London, including BLUE’s major partners and guest speakers.
- Exclusive access to BLUE’s network of leading scientists, conservationists and leaders from both government and business who have a role in deciding the future of the ocean.
- Speaking opportunities at high profile events hosted either by BLUE or its major partners.
- Company logo on BLUE’s website and in end of year review.
- Exclusively for 2 and 3 star members, BLUE offers the opportunity of a personally guided tour to any one of BLUE’s projects around the world.
For further details about membership and tiered benefits to the BMYC please contact BLUE’s Head of Partnerships Sara-Jane Skinner: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 207 845 5850